Please take the time to visit the Sister Study web site.
The Sister Study is the only long-term study of women aged 35-74 whose sister had breast cancer. It is a national study to learn how environment and genes affect the chances of getting breast cancer. A total of 50,000 women will join the effort to find the causes of breast cancer
WHO CAN JOIN THE SISTER STUDY?
You may be eligible to join the Sister Study if —
- Your sister, related to you by blood, had breast cancer.
- You are between the ages of 35 and 74.
- You have never had breast cancer yourself.
- You are a woman living in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
SISTERS ARE STILL NEEDED!
As we approach our goal of enrolling 50,000 diverse sisters, we want to make sure that groups not yet as well represented among participants have an opportunity to join. Unfortunately, this means turning away some women who are already very well represented in the study group. Caucasian women ages 35-64 with more than a high school degree will no longer be able to enroll, but can help the Sister Study in other ways. This group is now very well represented among our current participants
We still need women from the following groups to enroll in the Sister Study:
- African Americans, Latinas, Asians and Pacific Islanders, and Native Americans between ages 35-74
- Caucasian women between the ages of 65-74 or with a high school degree or les
CAN YOU JOIN NOW?
If you need help determining whether you can join at this time, please call our toll free number 1-877-4SISTER or CLICK HERE to answer the screening questions at the Sister Study web site.
You can be a part of this landmark research effort to find the causes of breast cancer.
Join the Sister Study for your daughters, nieces,
granddaughters, and future generations!